Bright Beginnings will prioritize social and emotional learning and will teach problem solving, relationship skills, self-awareness and social awareness in addition to all academic content for students. Social and emotional skills will be embedded throughout the school day. Students attending Bright Beginnings will have a personalized learning plan designed to meet individual needs.
Bright Beginnings (K-8)
- Implementing behavioral intervention approaches by teaching problem solving skills and personal accountability along with academics to equip students for success in the traditional school setting.
- Support for students in kindergarten through eighth grades who experience behavioral difficulty in the traditional school setting.
- Alternative to traditional school which includes academic, emotional and behavioral support for students.
- Bright Beginnings can be used as an alternative to expulsion and suspension.
- Bright Beginnings serves students who have not experienced success with Tier 3 behavioral interventions in the traditional school setting.
- The homeschool will visit and maintain a positive relationship with the student and parent/guardian during the student's time at Bright Beginnings.
- Intervention data for each student will be reviewed every 6-9 weeks to determine if the student will return to his/her homeschool setting.